When Star Wars came out in 1977, it shocked the world with amazing space battles, realistic special-effects and mind blowing sound.
The desire to create and make better movies, pushed the technology.
The imagination and drive of George Lucas, and his team, created many new technologies that made the story come alive on screen.
A STAR WARS DAY MESSAGE FROM NASA
Here are 5 of the technologies they created: (according to Rotten Tomatoes)
- The Dykstraflex - This special camera allowed filmmakers to replicate repeated camera movements for amazing space battles.
- Computer animation - Star Wars gave us 3D wireframe animation.
- Go Motion - Better than stop-motion, go-motion used computer controlled puppets to mimic more realistic movement.
- THX sound - THX sound has become an industry standard for movies.
- Blue screen – The blue screen provided much greater realism than fake-looking rear projection. Blue screen set the bar for special effects in the modern era.
Let your inner George Lucas out and get to your mission faster with great technology.
The technology makes the purpose possible.